Happy Saturday! Time for some spectacular banana cranberry muffins. 🙂
Does anyone else struggle with getting their little ones to eat healthy for breakfast? It’s a constant battle here. The only things Henry enjoys in the morning are sausage, bacon, grapes…toast…alright not much else. I work from home in the early mornings taking customer service calls, so it’s important to make sure I have something quick and easy to fix him, that’s where banana cranberry muffins come in. I have no idea where this recipe originally came from, my mom has it on a very old index card that is now colored with age, spill stains and flour, but we’ve been making it for as long as I can remember.
You can also convert this recipe into banana cranberry bread, so instead of using a muffin tin just use a loaf pan and bake for roughly 60-65 minutes. The consistency of these banana cranberry muffins is absolutely perfect, the moist, yet somewhat dense, bread and the sweetness of the cranberries with the crunch of walnuts is delicious.
I’ve been trying to find the perfect orange muffin recipe, but it’s still a work in progress. If you have a fantastic recipe or if you would like to collab and try making each others recipes I would love that. Muffin and bread recipes are a challenge for me, I’m very particular and can’t always come up with the best combinations. When it comes to banana muffins, I find it best to have nuts and dried fruit in them, makes them so much more enjoyable. Let’s get to baking!
Banana Cranberry Muffins
yield: 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup nuts (I typically use walnuts)
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- cooking spray for muffin pan or muffin/cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or use liners, set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl, set bowl aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light, scrap sides of bowl often.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until smooth, then add milk.
- Combine the flour mixture and mashes bananas to the creamy butter mixture, alternating between the two. Add the bananas and flour mixture slowly to ensure everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- Fold in nuts and dried fruit.
- Divide mixture between the 12 muffin cups and bake 18-23 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
Once you’re tried these delicious banana cranberry muffins share your thoughts below! Did you try a different combination of nuts and dried fruit? Also, if you’re looking for a good nonstick muffin tin I will link it here.
As always if you have any requests for recipes please contact me!